Daisy Slider Puzzle
The highest rating at Tucows, 4/8/2005
"Daisy Reversi is an excellent computer version of the board game Othello or Reversi..."
ZDNet Software Library, 1/6/1999
"...this is a pretty nice version of Reversi..."
Rated 5 stars
at Super Shareware
Program of the week
at STUFFALL Shareware Freeware Archive (1999)
Daisy Reversi 3.1 Features
The Daisy Reversi 3.1 is a comprehensive electronic opponent for the ancient board game Reversi (also known as Othello®) with many outstanding features:
- A wide range of complexity levels. Daisy Reversi uses a greatly complex algorithm for finding its moves. Daisy Reversi is a worthy opponent for experienced players as well as beginners. Besides very strong high levels and intermediate levels there are very easy levels, a zero level where computer makes its moves arbitrarily (according to the rules, of course), and even negative levels when the computer intentionally loses.
- Automatic complexity level changing. You can force the Daisy Reversi to automatically increase/decrease level after specified number of winnings/losings running.
- Variable number of cells in the game board (this is an extension of classic Reversi). Those who like such games as solitaire and have enough time will like game on the large board (up to 24x24 cells). Those who like to practice logic and have limited time will like to play on the smaller game board (6x6 cells).
- Automatic enforcement of rule maintenance. Daisy Reversi will never allow you to break the rules, and will never break the rules itself.
- Selection of the right of the first move.
- Ability to undo/redo moves (new in version 3.0).
- Preview move result before making the move (new in version 3.0).
- Ability to save/load game positions along with move history and timer values (new in version 3.0).
- Autosaving unfinished position on exit (new in version 3.0).
- Constructor mode. You can compose any game position (place opponents’ pieces to any game board cells) and continue the game starting from this position (new in version 3.0).
- Timers can record thinking time for both players (new in version 3.0).
- You can set an initial position in compliance with different game variations.
- Optional keeping the history of the opponents' moves with possibility to print it, save to a file, or copy to the Clipboard.
- Statistics of your winnings and losses.
- Possibility to enter moves either with the mouse or with the keyboard.
- User friendly interface.
- Realistic graphics.
- Detailed help system.
- Variable settings, including color settings, game board schemes, showing/hiding and resizing different auxiliary panels, selecting sounds for various game events (computer move, human move, error, win, loss etc.), and others.
- Ability to select one of different piece shapes and piece surfaces (new in version 3.1).
- Ability to set random colors of game board and pieces (new in version 3.1).
- Retention of the interface and logic preferences between sessions.
- Optional automatic representation of all your possible moves.
- Optional cell marks on the game board frame.
- Optional accompaniment of the game events with sounds.
- Optional graphical representation of the current game score.
- Install/uninstall support.
- Operating system: Windows 95/98/Me/NT/2000/XP/2003;
- Hard drive space: 1.1 MB.
Othello® is a registered trademark of Tsukuda Original, licensed by Anjar Co. All rights reserved.
copyright © ELGear Software, 1999-2009